Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick-Or-Treat

At first glance this may appear to be just a mediocre photo of Morgan and Isaac ready to hit the streets with their empty candy buckets. There is, however, a lot more to this photo than meets the eye. Take a closer look, Ethan (Yoda), is in the background. He wanted to take pictures with his friend, Alena, and was mad when I asked him to come take pictures with his siblings. So, in true 2-year-old form he refused to join the photo and ran away. This is why you see him in the background--looking straight at me with his menacing "I dare you to come after me" face. Morgan, you may notice isn't smiling. This is not because I forgot to say, "cheese" before flashing away. No, she refused to smile for any of the photos. She claimed to be too upset to smile. Why you ask? She was mad at me for telling her she'd have to come in early from trick-or-treating because she didn't get her homework done after school (she quietly slipped out the door to play when I wasn't looking, then later claimed she didn't sneak out, she just forgot she had homework to do). So, with the above mentioned factors working against me this picture is the closest thing I got to a photo of all three kids together in their costumes. Ah, the joys of holiday photo ops with children...especially children who are already hopped up on too much candy and too little sleep...and we look forward to this holiday!?! Thank goodness they look so cute in their costumes, it makes it worthwhile (I think).

The neighborhood gang...all ready to head out for CANDY!


3 comments:

Sheree said...

I love seeing all the costumes, you guys are so creative. Miles LOVED the Yoda costume. "That is Ethan, he is far away! Can I see his costume 'gain?" were his exact words.

Cute witch and Darth Vader too!

Sheree said...

Oh and cool necklaces too!

Courtney said...

I Love the costumes! They were SO cute!