Saturday, December 25, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
This week Ethan asked Santa for an Xbox 360 with Kinect. I gave him a head's up that Santa wasn't going to bring an Xbox this year, but maybe he'd bring some new games for the wii. Ethan decided if Santa couldn't produce, maybe someone else could. As he was saying his prayers before bed he made his final plea, "please bless that I'll get an Xbox 360 for Christmas".
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Making gingerbread houses in Ethan's kindergarten class was front page news this week (clearly, our sleepy little suburbian town doesn't have a lot of news to report :-). Needless to say, Ethan was delighted to see his name and his cute mug in the paper. Gotta love those milk carton and graham cracker gingerbread houses.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
I'm not usually one to dwell on the occasional lemons in life, and I especially don't care to keep an ongoing chronicle of such things. But, recently we've had such an onslaught of broken stuff, it really has become downright comical. Forgive me as I make a list of the things that have broken in the past ten days:
- My Car - $1500 repair to pass emissions, ouch! ...and it still needs brakes.
- DVR - Just quit recording, total hard drive failure. New one arrives tomorrow.
- Telephone - After 1-1/2 hours with tech support we have dial tone again.
- Treadmill - Mat started jerking. New $140 part on its way--let's hope it works.
- Garbage Disposer - It's making weird noises and frequently needs to be reset.
- Dryer - Sensor isn't working--dried one load all night long.
Brent's just happy that his finicky lights above the kitchen island are working well!
Thankfully our bodies are healthy and for that we are very grateful!