Sunday, September 6, 2009

Utah with the Adairs - August 1-15, 2009

It's Labor Day today and I've neglected to blog almost all summer. I guess it's a good thing that I haven't been tethered to the computer while the weather has been perfect out. Our summer was very cool, so much so that I'm still waiting for my tomatoes to ripen (I've only had one red tomato so far...maybe I'll have to try fried green tomatoes). Everyone complained about the lack of summer. I think I was the only one who thought perpetual spring was a really great thing. Afterall, Chicagoans love to complain about how we never get spring, the weather goes right from winter to summer. So, I say lets enjoy spring while it's here. The only downside was that we didn't get to swim much and never got much of a tan. It was actually the coolest summer in Chicago history with not a single day over 90 in July (and maybe August too, but I'm not sure since we were gone for two weeks).

Thankfully, we made our annual trek home to Utah where days in the 90s are always plentiful. While there the kids played and played and played with their cousins, and only reappeared when they were hungry or so tired they couldn't stand up any longer.

My great little travelers in the SLC airport all carting their own gear:

Isaac, Ethan & Morgan on the way to Lake Mary above Brighton Ski Area:


My sister Rachel with her boyfriend, Jeremy, hiked with us:



Me and my 4 sisters, my mom (in the middle...yes, hard to tell she's the mom), and my brother's girlfriend, Katie (in the black next to me):

Ethan standing "on top of the world" at the top of the tram at Snowbird Resort:
Morgan with cousins Courtney, Elise, Monet, and Great Aunt Marge:

No comments: