Thursday, August 16, 2012

Kitchen - It's Getting Close

The kitchen is coming along! It's still waiting for a few finishing touches (backsplash tile, pantry door, curtains, bench cushion, and chairs--and in these photos we were still waiting for a few drawer fronts), but all the major stuff is done. I must say that I do love it very much. Our cabinet maker, Tim Pollard from Heirloom Cabinetry in St. Charles, IL was amazing. He does incredible work and is so delightful to work with. Thank you Pinterest and Houzz for all the beautiful photos of beautiful kitchens that we could gleen ideas from. It's so fun to see it all coming together.
 Pay no attention to our yucky old barstools. We've got plans to spruce them up so they look a little better.
 Same goes for my old pine chairs that don't match so well anymore. A little paint project is on the docket for them.




 Still wating for the backsplash tile to be delivered. Here's the sample:

Foyer


The mudroom is the current project we are working on:




4 comments:

melissa walker said...

I love it--i think it looks so great!

Courtney said...

Love, Love, Love!! You guys are so amazing! I wish we lived in Chicago so we could use your cabinet guy! Everything is beautiful (and I remember when your pine chairs were SO "cool")!!

I loved seeing the angle from the kitchen to the family room. I hadn't been able to envision your desk and the flow. It's great! (Is that a photo of a disappointed Olympic gymnast on the TV?) In your free time, take a photo of your new laundry room too. I'd love to see how it turned out.

I think your first Relief Society ARMS Meeting can be on DIY home projects!!

Angela said...

That was me, not Courtney commenting above. (I'm trying to envision reading the comment as if it was Courtney posting...)

Dalynne Denhof said...

Wow! It looks so beautiful! Clean, fresh, and so nice! Great work! Ü Can't wait to see what else you guys have up your DIY/remodeling sleeves *LOL*